South Carolina’s Likely New Senator, Tim Scott: “I’m For Gun Control. Use Both Hands.”
Tim Scott is one of Congress’s strongest opponents of gun control.
- Wants to prevent law enforcement from tracking purchases of multiple large guns
- Wants concealed-carry nearly nationwide
- Wants gun dealers to be able to sell across state lines: Scott co-sponsored legislation to allow gun dealers to sell weapons across state lines. Currently there are restrictions on the sale and trafficking of firearms across state lines, but Scott pushed a bill last year — the Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act — to gut those protections.
- Believes guns should be exempted from bankruptcy
- Called guns the “cornerstone of our democracy”
- Wants to overrule local law and legalize weapons in DC
Copyright 2012 Liberaland