Six Laws The Tea Party Would Like To Eliminate
If the far-right tea partiers had their way, six major pieces of legislation generally regarded as having moved America forward, would be eliminated. (h/t Brian Butler at TPM)
- Social Security: Many conservativeswant to privatize it. George W. Bush said his biggest failure was not doing so.
- Medicare:Alaska Senate nominee Joe Miller believes this should be a state issue.
- Minimum Wage: West Virginia Senate candidate John Raese has said it’s unconstitutional.
- The United Nations: Nevada GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle complains it’s not called for in the Constitution.
- Unemployment Benefits: Joe Miller has questioned its constitutionality.
- The Civil Rights Act: Kentucky Republican U. S. Senate candidate Rand Paul disagrees with key parts of it.
Copyright 2010 Liberaland