52% Of GOP Think Obama Sympathetic To Imposing Sharia Law In US
According to a Newsweek poll, President Obama “sympathizes with the goals of Islamic fundamentalists who want to impose Islamic law around the world.” While Newsweek headlines the poll with “Democrats May Not Be Headed for Midterm Bloodbath,” the Islam question shows how misinformed the anti-Obama crowd is.
A full 14 percent of Republicans said that it was “definitely true” that Obama sympathized with the fundamentalists and wanted to impose Islamic law across the globe. An additional 38 percent said that it was probably true — bringing the total percentage of believers to 52 percent. Only 33 percent of Republicans said that the “allegation” (as Newsweek put it) was “probably not true.” Seven percent said it was “definitely not true.” The rest (eight percent) either didn’t know the answer or didn’t read the question.
There is a clear split on Muslim-related issues between the two major political parties.
Fifty-nine percent of Republicans, for instance, said they believed the president favored “the interests of Muslims over other groups of Americans,” while only 34 percent of said he had been “generally even handed” in his approach. In contrast, nine percent of Democrats said Obama favored “the interests of Muslims over other groups of Americans” while 82 percent of Democrats said he had been even-handed.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2010 Liberaland