Sharron Angle Struggles To Explain Her Views
Jed Lewison created a highlight reel of Nevada’s Senate candidate Sharron Angle when she did an interview with a challenging host, Jon Ralson of KVBC’s “Face to Face.”
1. Angle called for the privatization of Social Security and Medicare.
2. Angle said she opposed extending jobless benefits because they’ve “spoiled our citizenry” and kept people out of the workforce.
3. Angle mistakenly endorsed Harry Reid’s job’s bill, having clearly never heard of it before.
4. Angle said “people are afraid of their government” and that “of course” they “need to” arm themselves to protect liberties from government tyranny.
5. Angle said the constitution does not create a separation of church and state.
6. Angle said she opposes abortion in all cases, including rape and incest. Inexplicably, she said the only reason she wants to make it illegal is that Roe v. Wade made it legal. (I guess she meant that if it was already illegal she wouldn’t want to make it illegal again, because it would already be illegal?)
7. Angle endorsed making Nevada’s Yucca Mountain the nation’s dumping ground for spent nuclear waste because she says it has been safe. She said Nevada should stop fighting the plan to dump the nation’s nuclear materials there.
Never mind Angle’s highlight reel. This should be Harry Reid’s highlight reel.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2010 Liberaland