When Republicans Attack
Republicans were in full force on the Sunday talk shows and, as predicted, they wasted no time bashing the president. In spite of Obama’s condemnation of Iranian hardliners, Republicans did what they have more and more become known for doing: They went on the attack.
- “The president of the United States is supposed to lead the free world, not follow it,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. “He’s been timid and passive more than I would like.”
- John McCain: “I’d like to see the president be stronger than he has been although I appreciate the comments that he made yesterday,” McCain said. “I think we ought to have America lead.”
- Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said a slow or muted U.S. response risks undermining the aspirations of Iranian voters to change or question their government, adding “do we really believe in our principles?”
- Former Sen. Fred Thompson, R-Tenn., said Obama isn’t doing nearly enough.
- Conservative commentator William Bennett said Obama is bungling his response.
We know how well these conservatives did with foreign policy and international relations when they were in power, don’t we?Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2009 Liberaland