Just How Dumb Are People?
Or, to put it a bit more delicately, just how uninformed?
A new study has some troubling answers to that question.
• Only 53% of adults know how long it takes for the Earth to revolve around the Sun.
• Only 59% of adults know that the earliest humans and dinosaurs did not live at the same time.
• Only 47% of adults can roughly approximate the percent of the Earth’s surface that is covered with water.*
• Only 21% of adults answered all three questions correctly.
* The approximately correct answer range for this question was defined as anything between 65% and 75%. Only 15% of respondents answered this question with the exactly correct answer of 70%.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2009 Liberaland